It’s June, we’re distinctly into Summer territory and yet I always find the anticipation of this season a little stressful. It’s not that I don’t want to spend my weekends swimming, kayaking, SUPing, surfing… it’s more that, invariably, one of these water sports will result in general outfit discomfort at best, or total wardrobe malfunction at worst.
Swimwear, appears to be a bit of a misnomer as the majority of (womens’) options seem to be designed for purely laying in one position on the beach. Which is absolutely fine for folks that want to do that – providing that they protect their skin – but for those of us that want a more active beach life the options are somewhat limited and much harder to find. Fortunately, this year there are some great options available that appear (without testing) to offer both fashion and function. Here are six swimwear choices for adventurous women that I’m currently trying to decide between. Which would you choose?
1. Boho bikini set, £60 at Roxy
2. One piece Kupala swimsuit, £70 at Patagonia
3. Rusty cruise halter bikini set, £39.95 at Surfdome
4. 1 piece surf capsule, €74.95 at Billabong
5. 2mm Neo-Sport bikini top and bottoms, $160 at Kassia Surf
6. Tidal flow net top and bottom, £114 at Lululemon