I know that I’m a bit late to the party on this one and that baskets are like so 2015… But still. I love them, it kind of feels like a room isn’t complete without at least one. With a variety of textiles, patterns and sizes available you’re bound to find something perfect for your storage needs. But I already have some lovely vintage crates I hear you say, what do I need baskets for? Well, I’m pleased you asked. My general advice to this kind of conundrum is… if you like it, buy it. As you might imagine, I’m typically a terrible person to go shopping with if you enjoy having a healthy bank balance. I am however trying harder to live by the wise words of William Morris – have nothing in your home that you don’t know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. So in case you need some extra persuading here are some ideas for how you might use a basket: general storage, magazine tidies, yarn bins, laundry storage, plant housings, towel holders, even somewhere to store dog toys.
Sold? Here are eight options that I’m all over:
- Festivities basket, £42 at Anthropologie.
- Woven geo baskets, £59 at West Elm.
- Indra coil basket blue, £59.95-£120 at Nkuku.
- Croft collection braided cylinder basket, £30 at John Lewis.
- Ombre woven baskets by House Doctor, £22 at Lo and Behold store.
- Felt storage basket, £9.99 at H&M.
- Jute storage basket, £12.99 at H&M.
- Along baskets by Ligne Roset, £90 at Heals.